HomeFront Summer Food Crisis
When Summer arrives, the kids no longer receive school meals. More food needs to go on the table, but with vacations, fewer food donations come in to meet the need...
A Food Crisis is Happening
Over 700 local families come to the HomeFront pantry for a bag of food each month. Their hunger is wrenching and real – the kind of hunger where a handful of crackers is the main meal of the day. The number of hungry children, 60% of those we feed, always swells in the summer because there are no school breakfasts and lunches to offset the empty cupboards at home and many caring donors are on vacation. In spite of our best efforts to prevent the crisis each year, it still happens as the number of people at our front desk keeps growing. Last summer, HomeFront was forced to turn people away and WE NEED YOUR HELP TO KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING THIS YEAR!
- 12.4 million American children are living in food insecure households. It seems unreal that in one of the wealthiest nations of the world, little children are still going hungry.
- For every $25, we can provide families with 75 meals.
- For $2.50, we can fill a ten pound shopping bag of groceries
- For $26.95, we can feed a child for one month
- $80.84 feeds a child for the entire summer
- For every $1 you donate, we can provide 3 meals to men, women and children facing hunger.
Your Gift WILL change lives!
91% of every dollar donated to HomeFront goes directly to services for homeless families.
Your tax-deductible donation will fund emergency services and vital programs that give our families the tools to succeed.