Building Self Confidence With Therapeutic Art
Since 1991, HomeFront has helped homeless families to build lives of self-respect, stability and independence by using a comprehensive and holistic approach to ending homelessness in Central New Jersey. HomeFront has become a sophisticated social service agency able to address material needs for shelter, food, and clothing. It has established effective programs to help parents develop educational, vocational and life
skills while also opening the world and all its wonderful possibilities to their children.
HomeFront also believes that for a full and rich life, one that truly breaks through the cycle of poverty, you need more than a roof over your head, food for your belly and a paycheck. The human spirit needs nourishment—the power of life’s richness that gives meaning to our day-to-day lives.
The spacious ArtSpace studio is located at the heart of the new HomeFront Family Campus. This warm, light-filled space is the first thing you notice when entering the building, and it welcomes you to look around, join in, and pick up a paint brush. In this non-threatening, non-judgmental environment, with a caring staff and a team of volunteers to prompt and guide them, clients are reminded of their goals and dreams; discover content that is personal, real, and truthful; and foster a sense of joy, creativity, and exuberance.
Through this innovative therapeutic art program, the creative process becomes a tangible tool for self-expression, critical thinking and problem-solving that can transform the lives of the artists. Making art lets us step away from our lives for a moment. It’s a chance to breathe, a chance to reset your system and bring a new reality to an otherwise blank page. All of us as humans need to express ourselves in some way. When there are limits to how you can express yourself, having an outlet where you can create, where you can make art, opens doors to new ways of thinking and helps us to see ourselves in new and beautiful ways. Read Artist Impact Stories.
Upcoming Local Displays of ArtSpace artists
- June 8 – July 6, 2019 Art Show to benefit HomeFront Touchstone Art Gallery 11 E Afton Avenue, Yardley, PA 19067. June 8, 2019 5-7pm Meet the Artists reception
- July 21, 2019 from 4 to 6pm will have artwork on exhibit at the West Windsor Arts Council. Location: West Windsor Arts Council 952 Alexander Rd, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
Previous Local Displays of ArtSpace artists
- ArtUnitesUs May 1-31, 2019 Ewing Municipal Building 2 Jake Garzio Drive Ewing, NJ 08628 -hosted by The Arc Mercer’s Arctistic Collective & ArtSpace of HomeFront
- Nassau Film Festival May 19, 2019 9:30am A Place Like Home Ilene Dube – Short Film about SewingSpace
Use the links below to view more pages related to ArtSpace
Volunteer at Homefront's ArtSpace/SewingSpace-Interested in getting involved? We need your help..
- Facilitate art classes: Teach classes to our clients (adults and children). many areas of expertise are needed. such as: painting, drawing, crochet, knitting, pottery, sewing, and more.
- Fundraising: Research and write grants, solicit sponsorships, and community support.
Exhibits: Explore new venues, assist with marketing (press releases, social media, help frame and curate an exhibit.
- Special Events: ArtJam is a fun and funky art sale featuring ArtSpace and local artists. it's a "pop-up gallery" utilizing an empty store setting up a temporary gallery to raise funds for both artists/ArtSpace. Many volunteer opportunities...solicit food and beverages donations, entertainment, sponsorships, marketing and coordinate volunteers, or work in the gallery.
- Interested? E-mail email@example.com, 609 883 7500, ext 316
Photos of recent volunteer groups
Artspace's goal is to function as a self sufficient program of homefront. Tax deductible donations are needed to support our efforts.
How you can support:
$25 - can provide supplies for one week of art classes for 15 homeless women
$50 - can sponsor one month of children's creative workshops
$100 - can sponsor one month of classes for both adults and children
$200 - can sponsor field trip to art museum/cultural event
$500 - can sponsor our website in exchange for marketing/publicity
$1000 - can sponsor an art reception in exchange for marketing/publicity
Other: sign up to pledge a monthly donation
Purchase art created by our artists:
Consider a partially tax-deductible purchase as an individual, business or corporation, which benefits homefront's artspace and the artists: