Donate Food, Diapers, Clothing, Furniture and More
In addition to financial contributions, there are many other ways you can help.
How to Donate Items
The HomeFront Donation Center is open at 1880 Princeton Ave, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 during the following hours:
- Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm
- Saturday, 9am-12pm
It also may be convenient for you (and works really well for us!) to purchase donations off of our Amazon wishlist.
Due to space constraints, we are currently only able to accept the specific items listed below. We hope to expand our Donation Center list as circumstances allow!
Current Most Needed Items:
It also may be convenient for you (and works really well for us!) to purchase donations off of our Amazon wish list.
- Seasonal items:
- New or gently used humidifiers
- New or gently used snow shovels
- Unopened hygiene and wellness products:
- Period products (pads and tampons)
- Shampoo – adult, gender neutral
- Deodorant – men’s, women’s, or gender neutral
- Tylenol, Motrin/Advil, nasal flush, and anti-fungal ointment
- Pre-natal and children’s vitamins
- Manual pedometers
- Ethnic hair care products
- New baby items:
- Infant Tylenol
- Diaper rash cream
- Baby lotion
- Baby nail clippers
- Gripe water
- Hand-held breast pumps and supplies
- Unopened cleaning supplies for move-ins:
- Dish soap
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Paper towels
- Broom or Swiffer
- Non-perishable food:
- Dry or canned beans (1 lb. bags or 15 oz. cans)
- Canned protein meals and soups – beef stew, chicken soup, beef chili, etc. (15 oz)
- Breakfast items – low-sugar cereal, pancake mix, etc. (14 oz max)
- Peanut butter (16 oz)
- Shelf-stable milk (32 oz, Natrel, Parmalat)
- Small shelf-stable milk cartons (8 oz, Horizon, Organic Valley)
- Microwavable food packs: Hormel meals, mac n’ cheese, Cup Noodles, rice
- Vehicles in good working order
Donating Furniture (by pre-approval):
Because of space constraints in our warehouse, we are only able to accept furniture by pre-approval. Please understand that many of our families are moving into very small apartments and large pieces of furniture cannot work for their space. Please reach out to email@example.com with a description of the items, pictures, and dimensions. A member of the HomeFront team will follow up with you within 3 business days. We are in need of items in good condition such as:
- Twin, full, and queen mattresses, box springs, and metal bed frames
- Small sofas or loveseats: ideal 55-60”, maximum 75” outer arm to outer arm
- Small dressers at or close to 3’ wide x 4.5’ tall
- Small kitchen tables and chairs: round or square at 3’ wide or rectangular tables maximum 5’ long
If furniture fits within what we can accept and we have available space in our warehouse, a member of our team will arrange for you to drop-off your items or arrange a pickup. We ask that you please do not drop-off furniture before contacting us to confirm we can accept it. This critical program means so much to our families, but we have limited funding in place to support it so we request a $40 donation for pickups. This donation is fully tax-deductible and helps keep our truck and the program running!
If you have other questions, please contact 609-989-9417 ext. 127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also accepting:
- Diapers and pull-ups of all sizes and baby wipes, especially diapers size 3-6
- New art supplies – acrylic paint, paint brushes, canvas boards 11x14 and 8x10, poster board, scissors for adults, Crayola watercolor paints for children
- Baby formula (especially Enfamil, Similac)
- Other canned goods not listed above (protein like chicken/tuna, ravioli, beef stew, soup, spaghetti sauce, and fruit)
- Fall/winter clothing and shoes (especially plus-size men’s and women’s) – new/gently used adult, child, and baby, clean and ready to wear, in labeled bags or on hangers
- Linens – gently used/new sheet sets, comforters, towels, blankets that are clean and ready to use in labeled bags
- Pots and pans – gently used/new, especially sets in labeled boxes
- Dish and silverware sets – gently used/new, especially sets secured in labeled boxes
- Small appliances in good working order, with all parts included or attached and labeled – microwaves, toasters, and coffee pots
- Baby items – gently used/new strollers, car seats within 6 years from the listed manufacture date, pack and plays, high chairs etc.
- Toilet paper, paper towels, and new or gently used large plastic storage bins with matching lids
We are currently NOT able to accept:
- Opened food products
- Bikes and trikes
- Used toys
- Sports equipment
- Musical instruments or stereo equipment
- Home or holiday decorations
- Knick knacks
- Office supplies
- Art and frames
Thank you for trusting HomeFront with your donated items! During this unprecedented time, we are partnering closely with many of our sister nonprofit agencies to make sure that individuals and families in our community have access to the items they need to live lives with dignity. If we reach our space limitations, we may share your generous donations with these valued community partners who share our goal of breaking the cycle of poverty.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 609-989-9417 x127.
Thank you for caring!